Principal – Jay Woller
Welcome to East Union Elementary School! I am very excited to be the new principal at the East Union Elementary and I look forward to serving students, families and staff in my role. Together we can make this a great year for our students. Please contact me if you have any questions throughout the year. If I haven’t met you yet, I look forward to meeting you soon. It’s a very welcoming school and community!
Prior to beginning my role as principal at East Union, I spent the previous four years as an elementary principal in La Crescent, MN. It was a wonderful community of learners and educators. I’ve been involved in the educational field for many years. Previously, I spent time as an assistant principal at Pioneer Ridge Middle School in Chaska and Explorer Middle School in Phoenix, Arizona. I’ve been blessed to have worked in many wonderful schools and districts over the years.
- Principal at La Crescent-Hokah Elementary, La Crescent, MN
- Assistant Principal at Pioneer Ridge Middle School, Chaska, MN
- Assistant Principal at Explorer Middle School, Phoenix, AZ
- Special Education Teacher and Football Coach at Saguaro High School in Scottsdale, AZ
- Special Education Teacher at Eagan High School, Eagan, MN
- Middle School Coach in Eagan (football, boys basketball and girls basketball)
- Substitute Teacher in Forest Lake, MN
- Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education and Elementary Education from St. Cloud State University
- Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Instruction from Saint Mary’s University
- Master’s Degree in Educational Administration from Arizona State University
Hobbies and Interests:
- Spending quality time with my wife and two sons
- Cycling, running, learning to play guitar, riding a motorcycle and spending time outdoors
- Reading: fiction, non-fiction, and yes even educational journals
- Sports Fan: Go Bulldogs, go Vikings, go Wild, go Timberwolves, go Gophers and the list goes on!
I am extremely grateful for my friends and family and the wonderful educational experiences I’ve had over the years. I truly believe that education provides students a world of opportunities. I am extremely grateful for the professional and educational opportunities I’ve experienced over the years. I look forward to sharing my background and experiences with others as we strive to make this an educational milestone for our students. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or comments about East Union Elementary School.